TV Out and AirPlay support

WD 2go is a great App!! But it only plays videos on the iOS device. It does not do TV Out or support Airplay.
I want to be able to connect my iPad to the my TV via the 32pin cable with the HDMI adapter, and also use Apple TV and AirPlay to steam videos from my My Book Live Duo.

12 Likes

The air play would be awesome!!! I am useing shore2port on my HTPC to do it know but my HTPC is shut down a lot. The WD is faster and easier to turn on.

My vote as well for TV Out and Airplay support on iOS device. Mediaconnect + Flexplayer apps on ios can play almost all file formats and also support TV Out and Airplay. WD2Go with this capability will be an awesome app. Also can think of adding a ‘Open File in’ to WD2Go which can then open the file in Flexplayer app.

YES!

I think that will be nice. AirPlay to use WD TV Live Streaming Player. To connect the iPad or iPhone with it and stream from the iOS Device to the TV.

Great Idea.

It will be nice if there will be such a function on the wd remote app too.

Hats off to WD for supporting Airplay. Now if TV Out is also supported, we can really view our content connected to say a car/RV entertainment center and would be a great app. Please add this support as well.

Yes I would also like Wdtv to have AirPlay for my IPad like A pple T V.

+1 for TV out. I connect iPad / iPhone 4S to my tv via the dock connector and watch TV and movies that way. I was really bummed to learn the WD 2go app was not written for video out. Please add this to future versions!!!

Can you use WD TV Live Media Player to stream from iPad to stereo.

Want to use iPad as wireless juke box to queue songs up to play on stereo via WD TV media player. Using “Jukester” app on iPad.

http://www.ilikemall.com/how-to/convert-wmv-to-mp4-mac.html

If you have a file that is not supported or causes playback issues on the WDTV, consider converting them using a tool like Appgeeker.

kuno3531 wrote:

WD 2go is a great App!! But it only plays videos on the iOS device. It does not do TV Out or support Airplay.
I want to be able to connect my iPad to the my TV via the 32pin cable with the HDMI adapter, and also use Apple TV and AirPlay to steam videos from my My Book Live Duo.

I would love to see airplay added to the app and also tv out. Plus theability to stream files larger than 4gb like airplayer can.

any news on updates planned?

thx

I don’t know about all of you, but my WD2GO app has AirPlay and streams to Apple TV very well. 

I also would like Airplay in WDphoto and WD2go, so I can play my photo’s on my TV 

It would be great. 

:confounded: 

I’m not able to see any picture from " My Cloud" app via AirPlay on Apple TV from my Ipad.

This functionality has been revoked ?