WD2GO for Windows Phone 8

I am an iPhone/iPad user and the My Book LIve has worked very well. Nothing is perfect but it has been very functional for me. The WD2GO and WD photos apps work well. Especially the beautiful SlideShow.  However, Windows Phone 8 is still suffering with the old WD2GO app. Please update the WD2GO app for Windows Phone 8 and the new Windows 8 tablets. It needs to have full file operations available, including downloads and an open in function, access to SkyDrive and please leave and enhance the the current slideshow capability. Although the two WD2GO and WDphotos apps are awesome It is very nice having one app that does it all. Oh yes, and please Change the horrible brown colors of the app as well. The iOS apps are beautiful and Windows 8 deserves the same from you. One more thing. Maybe you would also then consider porting this app to the Windows 8 operating system for PC’s as well. That would be a great app to have and it would allow the same Slideshow capabilities as well. Thanks for the good work! Keep It Up!   

5 Likes

Completely agree. Only one app is necessary with complete functionality for photos, videos, music and possibly documents.  Really no need for WD Photos.  And the brown/beige color should be changed.

Does WD ever implement any of these suggestions or even respond to these suggestions? Case in point, this suggestion was made in Nov 2012, no implementation, no status response.

I agree! It has been too long and WD is not listening. Please update the Windows Phone 8.1 app and include a grid view and automated slideshow. If WD does not listen then it is time to move on.

I often use my iPad, and my wife’s S3, simply because using my phone is such a pain with the app. Trying to show people a specific photo is a nightmare without thumbnails. If we could just have the same functionality as the other mobile OS’s, that would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Darren

Please update Windows Phone app wd2go with thumbnails and slideshow

Renskav