Wd smartware more flexible backup options

I have been using WD for more than 6 years now. I remember the previous softwares and I am now using WD Smartware. I generally love WD design and that is why I am continuosly buying the drives. However the backup software has never been to the same standard. Even now I am a bit disappointed. I would like two options added:

Retrieve to another computer but to try to place the files in the same type of locations as the old one was. if the locations are different, create the locations or identify that the user is different and then follow the same logic i.e if old was C:\users\pete.… and new is C:\users\mike\ than that should be identified and stored in that type of folder accordingly. Or at least have the flexibility to retrieve different files into specified locations that the user gives instead of just dumping it to one single folder.

The other issue is that you cannot backup one external WD with another. The old software was able to do that. This is very convenient as some people dont use their computer to save original files but the actual external WD drive because they have to work on multiple computers. THAT OPTION SHOULD BE A MUST.

5 Likes

Hope the old software status were changes to new along with mentioned functionality and if not, this is frustrating that user have to buy any other backup tool instead of WD.