Universal automatic diagnostics software for both external an internal WD drives

I understand that WD has enough complaints of software bloat with Smartware, so mentioning that it needs to be optimized is kinda obvious. my antivurs never peaks above 10% at full use, so software bloat has no excuse. Specially since this software is not copying files, just checking drive status.

Also, I note to WD “Make it a default tool, it could be useful for your Tech Support agents as well.” In order for WD to use it a default tool they rely and trust, then by definition it has to be accurate. So it needs to give a real expectancy, even if it displays 2 days left out of the box, that number better be real. If there a lot of reports of drives with low expectancy out of the box when the software is working properly, then it can help WD find out if there’s a problem somewhere else, like in the handling or the retailer.

When you’re watching a movie full-screen, most media players do not allow a pop-up message to overpose over playback, if yours does then get another one :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, Gabthemonster , it doesn’t need to be a new software, WD could just improve DLG and add these features. I’ll edit my original post to add it.