Universal automatic diagnostics software for both external an internal WD drives

Hi guys,

I was just thinking in some issues that WD may have with this… Hahaa, maybe they’ll think about them and keep DLG hahahaha :).

-A software constantly monitoring drive’s activity could mean more drive failures (More trouble for WD) (More replacements). The software by mistake may report a minor error which would not need  a replacement. However, no-brainier users will replace the drive immediately.

-I’ve read several posts about SmartWare consuming CPU resources. The new story will be: Diagnostic software eating all my computer resources. And, ''Diagnostic software did not tell me that the drive was bad, its WD’s fault… And so on and on.   ''Unified automatic diagnostics tool running in the background’', that scares.

-‘’ Estimated usable life expectancy’'. Someone will say ‘‘I purchased this drive 2 days ago and its only showing 10 days and/or some % of usable life by your software’’ What!!!.. More and more trouble, more and more angry people in the community. Less and less money for WD hahaha. ATT: WD : I hope you give me a compensation for the last sentence. hahaah… Was just a joke. Nonetheless, it would be great haha :).

-‘’ pops-up an alert if a threat is found’'. Receiving pops-up while watching your favorite movie is not funny. They will need to know how to control that.

Overall, it sounds like a good idea for us (endusers). But WD may be scare about this. . .  I would recommend to improve DLG. Will consume less time, less money and even better, less trouble