Implement 2 factor authentication on WD2GO.COM

I like wd2go.com and there is one thing that niggles me.  This is the front door to cloud storage that one would trust all their data with. More than Google drive, Dropbox, box, Amazon, etc…

Google accounts gives the option for two factor authentication and so does Dropbox which used Google’s autnenticator.

Could WD2GO implemet two factor authentication?  This need not cost WD more. Text messaging could be omitted with the user being e-mailed a time limited 6 digit code or use a recovery code if the authenticator is not available.

I would be a sleep a lot more each night knowing that if my WD2GO.COM user name and password was snatched that a hackwe would be stumped because they won’t have access to my e-mail account, recovery code or code generator.

14 Likes

Idea approved for voting.

absoluteöy necessary. i fully agree

I am at a loss of comprehention why Western Digital do not implement two factor authentication. The following services are compatible with Google’s authenticator:  Google, Microsoft, DropBox, Teamviewer and Facebook. Naming 5. There may be more.

+1.  Definitely needed!

1 Like

Makes sense. Chances are people will keep stuff on their NAS that would not keep on servers not in your control. Additional security should be provided beyond a user name and a password…

I second this! Anything in the works? or Reason why not?

Western Digital - Please implement this.

1 Like

WD: Please do this before we get an email one morning that our complete data is hacked :frowning:

1 Like

Totally agree with this suggestion

1 Like