Allow Admin to change all permissions on "Public" folder for My Cloud Ex2 and other NAS devices

As the title says.  I will not put anything into the public folder as it leaves it wide open for anyone that can connect and browse through it to delete anything and everything.  As admin on my own NAS machine, should I not have total control to change any and all settings/permissions on every share? Especially when it applies to the “Public” share?  For me, it would be ideal to set permission for write only, so people could dump files, manipulate and delete only the files they have uploaded, but they would not have permission to alter files they have not uploaded.  And the same would go with folder creation.   I hope that’s clear enough.   Basically I want to be able to set more clear and explicit permissions based on what I, as the admin, decide I feel comfortable with. 

Thank you to the Devs for your consideration on this subject.  :slight_smile:

Also, I would like to add one more thing which I believe to be loosly related.  But I would also like the ability to change where my photos are Auto Uploaded to or set permissions on the folder.  I really don’t need to have photos I have taken shown to anyone that logs in.  As well, as it stands now, anyone can delete those photos.  I would like to keep my photos completely private.

This Idea has been previously proposed. Please refer to the following link:

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Delete-Public-Share-Folder-or-Restrict-Access/idi-p/757166