Ability to Remove Smartware from portable drives

I am in COMPLETE AGREEMENT with this thread.  I do NOT like being forced to use software that I don’t need, and the fact that I can even REMOVE what I do not want to use is a slap in my face!!  At least put a WARNING MESSAGE on the packaging of product!!  Yeah, I’ve hidden it…but its still there TAKING UP VALUABLE space.  668MB??? thats an .ISO file!!!  I think its insulting to even think that EVERY person/consumer would be grateful for such non-sense.  It is effectively a root/kit!!!  And before anyone starts blasting away at me about rootkit accusations, reseach what a rootkit effectively is and the fact that there are trusted and non-trusted root/kits.  I paid money for a 500GB storage device, not a 4.5GB storage device that provides home to someone else’s software.  Sufficed to say that I will be returning the drive and not purchasing anymore WD products until this MAJOR ISSUE is resolved.  I will also have not much of a choice but to alert my colleagues and clients to stay away from WD products until this issue is resolved.