Helpful Link for Troubleshooting Connector Installation Issues

For those of you experiencing connection issues with your Sentinel, below is a link to Microsoft’s TechNet Wiki for troubleshooting Server Clients.  Hopefully, it will help you.  Obviously, we won’t be able to provide support for their recommendations. 

Link: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3941.sbs-2011-troubleshooting-client-deployment-en-us.aspx

1 Like

Why on earth would you say that you cannot provide support for “fixes” from Microsoft?

OTH, that is a great link and should be book marked by all :slight_smile:

What I mean is that we can’t help you do the fix.  You would have to contact Microsoft.

For example if you have a problem connecting a computer to the WD box, do not call WD, cause it is an OS/Microsoft problem?

I am not real sure that is how OEM software works? I kinda/sorta thought OEM’s were supposed to support their stuff :slight_smile:

For example…

4. You receive the error “Cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress or, the computer has a restart pending. Either complete the installation process, or, restart the computer and try to connect it again”

Applies to

Windows Home Server 2011, Windows Small Business Server 2011 and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials

Symptoms

After restarting the computer multiple times, the message continues to appear.

Cause

A previous software installation on the client computer has left the computer in a restart pending mode, and restarting the computer does not clear the status.

Solution

You may be able to resolve the issue by performing the following steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, find the value named PendingFileRenameOperations under that key, delete the value.
  3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired and delete the key.
  4. Restart the computer and try again to connect to the server.

Gramps,

What Bill meant is that we will help our customers when they encounter the issues, just that the link posted is a community link and that WD doesn’t warrant the recommendations on the link as tested solutions.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that sounds more better

gvineet53 wrote:

Gramps,

What Bill meant is that we will help our customers when they encounter the issues, just that the link posted is a community link and that WD doesn’t warrant the recommendations on the link as tested solutions.

Hope that helps.

Thanks gvineet53,

I guess I’m not as clear as I think I am. :cry: