Occasional Visitor
xiaoyou

WD passport password reset

I'm having problems resetting my password. I have not forgotten my password but having it password protected does not allow me to watch the content on my tv. how do I reset the password WITHOUT losing all my data? The security tab does not show, using the unlocker only results in unlocking the thing but does not show me any reset options. would really appreciate a clear answer (since the helpdesk can't prvoide one so far and it takes them ages to respond).and really want to avoid having to transfer all my files back and forth just to have a password changed. there should be an easier way...?

thanks!

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: WD passport password reset

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news  there is no password reset. If the password doesn't work you are out of luck. Don't waste time trying to connect drive as an internal or in another case. The data is hardware encrypted and will be useless if you get any off.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
xiaoyou

The password works. i just want to change it, but that isn't even possible either? 

Honored Contributor
Wizer

yes you can change the password. 

Go to settings > drive settings> > security > remove or change

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD