WD Anywhere backs up on new 64-bit Windows 7 computer, but it won't view and restore

I have My Passport elite.  I couldn’t back up from my new computer with Windows 7 64-bit. So I downloaded most recent version of WD Anywhere backup 4.50. Now the backup is working (backing up from my new computer to my Passport Elite external drive), but when I go to View and Restore, I get the message the WD Anywhere BAckup REstore cannot be run under this version of Windows. I still have the old version of WD Anywhere Backup on my Passport Elite (I still have another 32-bit computer).  What to do?

Today the computer has stopped backing up completely! I get an error message WD Anywhere Backup Launcher cannot be run under this version of Windows.

I uninstalled WD Anywhere Backup and reinstalled it, and at least for today, it is working again. I don’t know what I did to make this happen. If anyone has any clues or similar experience, let me know. Many thanks.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

thanks for the advice. I will do so. :smiley: