WD Anywhere Backup can't find older files in my backup

I have a very similar problem with my WD MyBook World Edition (Blue Rings) WD10000G032. The answers I got (and questions) were not particularly helpful.  I’d been unable to access the backups in Windows XP before I upgraded, and have to say I hate EMC Retrospect, and Mionet.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing, unfortunately this drive is not compatible or supported under Windows 7, this may be the reason why you are not able to access the drive or the data backed up in it. please see my answer to your questions below:

1. Can I recover my old backups?
  • This may not be possible due to the compatibility problem of this drive with this new operating system, I recommend you to try it on a Windows XP machine to see if you are able to access the drive and recover the data in it.
  1. If not, how do I reset the WD World Book (Blue rings) to its original factory settings so that I can use the full 1TB?
  • Unfortunately this drive cannot be formatted due to its type but, I recommend you just to manually delete everything on it.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX
Western Digital Service and Support