WD Anywhere Backup Keeps Crashing

HI All,

Well, I figured out a sort of solution, but it’s like the one that the last user posted.  Just a debrief of what transpired thus far.  I’ve written (emailed) to both WD and Memeo.  Neither offered any explanation whatsoever of what could actually be the cause of the problem.  WD’s response was basically “uninstall and then reinstall” – despite the fact that I told them that this doesn’t work.  Memeo’s response was “install Memeo Backup, because it’s the same as the WD Anywhere Backup.”  I did that, and yes, it ran fine.  However, I still wanted to know why WD Anywhere Backup wouldn’t work.

I found out that although it wasn’t working for my original user account on my laptop, it was working fine on another administrator account that I had set up on the machine.  What caught my eye was the error message that WDAB was giving me when it crashed.  It said “WD Anywhere Backup is already running.” in one window, and then another window would tell me something like “it won’t run here because another user already has it running”.  So, I uninstalled the software and then logged into the other administrator’s account and reinstalled it.  Then, when I logged back into my original user account, the software worked fine!

Go figure.

Barrett

2 Likes