Purge deleted files

I recently went through my computer and deleted a couple thousand files, mostly music. When I go to backup my files using WD Anywhere Backup and my My Passport harddrive, it shows all of these deleted files as still being on there. I’ve selected “Purge Deleted Files”, and nothing seems to be happening. How can I make it so that my backup syncs correctly with my computer? I’m trying to get my computer and backup to be more organized, but if I have to go through and manually delete all of the same files on the harddrive, that’s a huge inconvenience. I’m looking for it to do something similar to my iPod - once I remove music from iTunes, the next time the iPod updates, it rids of all the deleted files. I believe the “Purge Deleted Files” option is supposed to do this for my hard drive, but maybe I’m misunderstanding it. Can anyone help me?

Hi

I am Dipak N Jham from Dubai

Even I am facing the same problem

I would actually like WD to introduce a SYNC software fo keeping files same on both the Drives

Rgds

Dnjham

MusicalRainbows wrote:

I recently went through my computer and deleted a couple thousand files, mostly music. When I go to backup my files using WD Anywhere Backup and my My Passport harddrive, it shows all of these deleted files as still being on there. I’ve selected “Purge Deleted Files”, and nothing seems to be happening. How can I make it so that my backup syncs correctly with my computer? I’m trying to get my computer and backup to be more organized, but if I have to go through and manually delete all of the same files on the harddrive, that’s a huge inconvenience. I’m looking for it to do something similar to my iPod - once I remove music from iTunes, the next time the iPod updates, it rids of all the deleted files. I believe the “Purge Deleted Files” option is supposed to do this for my hard drive, but maybe I’m misunderstanding it. Can anyone help me?

The “Purge Deleted Files” should work, but it may take a day before Anywhere Backup does it’s job of deleting the unwanted files.  What you can do, also, is make sure the Purge Deleted Files is checked, then click on Verify Backup.  That should cause Anywhere Backup to go through the backup verifying files and getting rid of deleted ones.

HI

thanks for your reply

Does my WD Smartware backup has a n option of Purge deleted files

What iss the difference between Smartware backup & anywhere Backup

I dont have Anywhere Backup

Rgds

Dipak

You can try to delete the contents of hidden RECYCLER folder.

Gain access to it by going to Organize > Folder and search options > View > choose “Show hidden files, folder and drives” & untick “Hide protected operating system files”. Prior deleting, make sure that folders are not set as read only.