Mionet loading at startup

I have a Worldbook which I use on my home network.  Although I don’t need MIONET to access the drive while on the network, I do have it installed on my computers (including laptops).  However, I don’t want MIONET to load and ask me to sign in evertyime I boot up.  MIONET is not listed in my “Startup” folder.  Can anyone help me stop the auto-load?  I am running XP on one computer and Windows 7 on the others.

Thanks.

To keep MioNet from automatically starting, a change will need to be made in Windows.

1. Go to the Windows Start button and select the Control Panel.  Once in the Control Panel, choose Administrative Tools, then click on Services.  You then will see the MioNet Service on the list.
  2. Click on MioNet Service, then choose the General tab and change Startup Type from Automatic to Manual.
    If MioNet is switched to a manual start, some of the functionality might be lost.  This computer will not be remotely accessible using MioNet after a reboot.  If you are using MioNet only to access remote devices and are sharing nothing locally then you should not be affected.

Laura,

Thanks!

Mike Fulca