Cannot install Acronis True Image WD Edition

Hi,

when I try to install acronis true image Wd edition, it fails as soon as the window “preparing to install… preparing for downloading…” appears.

It says that TrueImageHomeInstall.exe stopped functionning.

I tried versions 14157 (english & 14165 in french) both fail at the same 1st stage.

I run win7 64bit installed on an SSD corsair F60, all the other stuff is on the caviar black 1To, antivirus is off.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

It may have to do with your SS drive. The Acronis is based on the 2009 version and not updated that often. Paragon, EaseUS and Macrium all have free versions of backup software. They are not full featured but they will make a disk image but not incremental updates. Maybe one of those will work for you.

Joe

1 Like

Reading few discussions, I saw  that this software has been installed on computers with an SSD.

Win7 does backups toos but as they are not incremental either so I was looking for the acronis solution.

Paragon, EaseUS, Macrium are not solving this install issue.

Does anyone had an install issue as mine and finally succeeded to pass it?

Thanks

The WD Acronis was created mainly  to clone or image your drive so you could copy it to a new one. I’n not sure if it will do incremental backups either. Incremental backups is frequently a pay feature. I don’t know much about the Windows backup I use paid Acronis 2010 .

Joe

1 Like

Thanks Joe for your prompt answers