Occasional Collector
Philip

Acronis

I'm interested in the Acronis software...is this downloadable program fully functional?

Are there any restrictions or time limits? Is it a trial version? Nag screens? Can it be upgraded?

What's the catch? I mean, Acronis doesn't exactly "give away" their software...am I being too suspicious?

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: Acronis

Acronis is a download utility that comes with our hard drives.  It's a "what you see is what you get" software.  It was designed for use with our hard drives.  It's not a trial version.  There are no nag screens.  You can upgrade as newer revisions come out.  The only catch is that you have to buy one of our drives to get it.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Occasional Visitor
UNHAPPY_WITH_WD

[ Edited ]

"The only catch is that you have to buy one of our drives to get it."

No, that's not the only catch. The real catch is that if you don't have a WD drive installed in your machine then you can't install the software. I bought a new 2.5" WD drive for my laptop assuming that the download would work as advertised and was extremely disappointed when WD tech svc. told me that the originial HDD in my laptop had to also be a WD before I could install and use the Acronis product. I had to hand over the $40 for the full version of Image Home.

I'm pretty unhappy with WD over this.

:smileymad:

Community Manager
Bill_S

I apologize for my lack of clarity, but the software comes with our internal drives, as a download.  That's what I meant.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD