Occasional Contributor
Robertphillip

Acronis WD with My Book Live

Hi, I recently purchased a My Book Essential and installed Acronis WD edition, which recognised the USB drive perfectly and did an image backup no problem. 

I decided to swap the Essential for a My Book Live (so I can do incremental backups without having to plug a USB drive into my laptop every time) but Acronis won't recognise the network attached drive.  Is this resolveable or is this a limitation of Acronis WD edition?  I also have a WD Live Hub on the network, which is also unrecognised by Acronis

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: Acronis WD with My Book Live

[ Edited ]

It's probably an issue of the WD edition. I don't believe it will do incremental backups either. It's intended purpose was to clone old HD to a new one. It's also based on the 2009 Acronis TI edition.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Trusted Contributor
Ardvark

Re: Acronis WD with My Book Live

I don't think it's designed for network drives....

- The Ardvark

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD