Wd my book world edition

so i bought a wd my book world edition 750gb from the salvation army today. I downloaded mionet from their website since the version on the cd said it only worked with windows xp and earlier. Im running windows 7. I bought this because I want to store photos, documents, and more on here instead of a whole bunch of cheap usb drives. But im totally confused on where to go now that I have the mionet installed. How do I transfer photos from my computer to the external hard drive. I had read in the pdf that it should have its own drive letter but I dont see it even when I go to view my computer. So if you can give me the beginners external hard drive information that would be great. thanks

I’m not sure if you fully understand what you bought.  The MBW is a network drive.  You must connect it to your router to user it on your home network.  Mionet probably doesn’t even work anymore, since it’s been EOL for so long.  Also, it’s for accessing the drive outside the network. 

If you want to copy the data to the my book world, you will need to access the drive by mapping its public folder or by creating a share folder and mapping that.  Below is a link to an article that might help you do it.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2676