Rsync - mybook live to mybook world edition II backup?

Hello All,

just wondering if anyone has some advice please, I’ve already got a wd mybook world edition II and thinking of buying a mybook live to complement it.

I am thinking of having the wd mybook live as the main unit (streaming music/photos/videos round the house and pc data backup) and using rsync to backup its contents to my current mybook world edition II. I know rsync has this ability to do synchronisation of files, but just wondering if anyone has done this in real life and has any advise.

The main reason I want to change it round it that the mybook world edition II is a bit slow at streaming music or video (i.e. when you advance track, AVCHD video slow to start, etc) as is only 400MHz whereas the live one is 800MHz.

I’d prefer not to have to put on bespoke code on the world edition II, but am willing if I know someone has this working.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

regards, Adrian

Have not tried Rsync myself, but based on what I have read is seems to be a very good protocol for backups.

1 Like

As long as the software supports backups to a network resource it will work.

1 Like

Hi All, another member has kindly sent me the detail on how to perform this activity. thanks for everyones help. regards, adrian.

1 Like

I have the same situation and reasons. Is it possible to sent me the information too.

Many Thanks

rsync is awesome.