Can't connect to mybookworld with blue rings, mionet says connectiong then failed mount

I have the mybookworld, the white one with blue rings. I’ve had trouble with it in the past, but now it’s not connecting at all. I know that it needs to connect to the router, but since we got comcast internet with a netgear router, ther’es a lot of cords back there and I don’t know what goes where, they’re all tight and heard to see. There’s also two things with the internet, and again, this time I don’t understand it. There does seem to be extra cords to me. Anyway, I can’t connect to the drive, and the mionet software will say that it’s connecting for a long time after the blue rings stop moving. I don’t know how to connect to the drive and I’m a little bit frustrated at all the cords and the fact. But I live with my parents so I can’t really mess with things near their computer. 

Does anyone have any idea to where I could force a connection, or something, so I could at least try to get some files off of it, then after that I don’t care, it can just sit.