Windows 7 asks for credentials when accessing Folder Share on World Edition II 4TB

Hi,

I’ve added our Mybook World Edition II 4TB NAS to our Windows 2003 AD succesfully. I’ve added new shares and applied permissions to them for domain users.

Whenever XP users try to access the shares, everything works fine. However when I try to access the shares with my Windows 7 pc a popup appears asking me for my credentials. And whatever I enter, it doesn’t accept any credentials.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aico

Make sure you dont have other mapings.

If  you have other network maps make sure to disconnect everything restart the computer and then try again.

If the issue persists I will probably try to disable to Firewall and antivirus for testing.

Also there are sometimes services that can prevent you from doing this I would:

click on Window key and “R”> type msconfig > under theservices tab check the hide all Microsoft services and then disable all services restart> 

try accessing the drive again and see what happens.

Make sure to enable the services again. My suggestions were jsut for testing.

I really hope that helps :slight_smile:

I had this exact problem today. This is what fixed it for me -

http://serverfault.com/questions/91797/windows7-the-specified-network-password-is-not-correct–when-the-password-is

Hope this helps…

Junkman99,

Thanks. It works great. It was indeed the LM/NTLM setting in the local security policy that had to be changed!

Just in the nick of time. In a month we will be migrating all our domain workstations to Windows 7.  Would be a real problem if they were’nt able to connect to the NAS then.

:smiley:

Thanks again.

Aico

I had same problem with Windows 7 Ultimate in domain network. Vista clients could access shares, but win7 couldn’t. Not even with same user credentials.

Junkman99 solution solved the problem:

• Start → run → secpol.msc
  • Local Policies → Security Options → Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication
  • Change NTVLM2 responses only to LM and NTLM - use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated

In my case there were no reboot needed.