WD Sharespace Resync and Error Message

Hello,

I have a WD Sharespace that I’m troubleshooting remotely here that has a Data Volume that is in need of ‘Resync’.  

It shows it’s status as ‘Resyncing’ but it looks as if it’s been doing that for a long time and has hung.  I don’t know how long it has been sitting in this state.

Status shows:  Percent Complete = 0.0%, Estimated Time Remaining = 58706.6 min, Rate of Progress = 605 K/sec.

It has been up for 78 days.

More importantly there is an error message that appears in multiple locations on the screen.

They state:  Division by zero in /proto/SxM_webui/admin/inc/wixVolume.class on line 408

I see that there is an earlier post with this same error that never got an answer:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-ShareSpace/Warning-Division-by-zero-in-proto-SxM-webui-admin-inc-wixVolume/td-p/158592

Any help you can give as to ‘next steps’ would be greatly appreciated.  I assume the next step is to reboot the Sharespace and see what happens on bootup but I’d like any advice before I take those next steps.

Here is the picture of the error:

Any ideas?  The next step will be to reboot the Sharespace but I’d like opinions or information before I do that.

I CAN see the data out there, it’s just running very slowly.

you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issues and now i cannot write to the drive. It says I don’t have permissions. Ive already restarted. Not sure waht to do next

Hi there

I just got the same here today after a power outage.

The reboot doesn’t fix the issue and I cannot access the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.