WD Sharespace Firmware Update Problem

I ran the firmware update via the web GUI.  The package was downloaded so I clicked apply now the device is frozen at 0% of the upgrade process.

I can browse to the files via windows explorer.  But, when I try to access the web GUI I get the the white screen with a " * Progress of Kernel Update:"progress bar (stuck at 0%) and a red warning not to turn the device off.  It has been stuck this way for many hours.  I tried holding down the power off button but the machine does not respond.

All the LED’s are on.  The 4 HD LEDs are green and do not indicate any drive activity.  The LAN LED occcassionally flickers.  The USB LED is blinking about twice per second.

I am afraid to power the device off in case it fails to boot again.

What should I do?

1 Like

Hello,

Are you still having the same issue?

Can you please let us know what  happened?

Hi There,

i am also have an issue updating my Sharespace. it is currently running on the original firmware 1.0.5 but when i try to automatically update it says “connection refused” and when i try to anually update with latest update it say invalid chartacter in file name of the image.

i have tried searching for any updated previous to the most recent but can locate them. Does WD archive these some where you can access.

any help would be appreciated.

james