WD ShareSpace Win7 setup Network as Workgroup

We have had our 4*1tb Raid 5 Sharespace for over 3 years and have been happy but over the last few moths the network device has moved in setup  from WORKGROUP (our network is workgroup and is called WORKGROUP), to UNSPECIFIED (Raid twonky Media and Printer ect.

This problim apairs to have started with WD introducing Media Services (twonky Media and iTunes) ,we switched off iTune but cannot deinstall Twonky Media. We only use this system for file storage.

With Thanks

24patea24

You can manually change the workgroup in the settings page (advance mode)> network> workgroup. Reboot after that.

Thanks “ThePizzaMatrics” for  your prompt response.

WORKGROUP has been set in the settings since it was first set up, and under system Computername, Domain name. These Computers are are a part of a business network: I use it to connect to other computers at my work.

my company uses a network without a Domain. Workgroup name “WORKGROUP”. All PS’s are Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

We  have not had a problim until the media devices or smart phones rearange the devices.

Under windows Explorer:-  Network; - “WORKGROUP” there is small icons of the pc in the networkand . Next Group down: - Multimedia Devices; _ small Icons of Media Devices ( Raid -Twonky Media ) plus others.Next group down-- MltiFunctio_Devices; - this is printers and scanners.Other Devices; - xxxPC (this user has a Nokia 920 Phone.

Last Group is – Storage; - Raid ( This Is the WDShareSpace.) It is Named Raid

When we set this up the Raid Sat in the Workgroups Group ( I think it was called ComputersThen) and we could access it directly from - network - WORKGROUP. this is were it used to be.

manny thanks

24patea24

I can not see away to move access of the Raid to the Workgroups Group

Manny thanks in advance

WD ShareSpace finally Failed.

The No 1 Disk failed but it did fix the problim of seeing it on the network.

As this unit was purchased new with 4 WD Green Sata 32MB Cache WD10EAOS installed in a Raid 5 setup. The Failed Drive is Drive 1 S/N  , so my question is what drive should we replace it with – bear in mind we are in NEW ZEALAND and have limited choices

Manny thanks

24Patea24