01-06-2012 09:56 AM
I have read multiple posts regarding how annoyed we are about the automatic mount in our Finders about WD_Backup
I have tried all the options posted in this forums including:
1. Login via ssh into my external hard drive
2. Searching for mDNS....conf file and comment the -Backup line
3. The problem is that after restart the -Backup share appears again in my Finder
4. What I read in this document 4779-705006.pdf is that you cannot delete it as it automatically restart
5. Which makes me think that is part of the firmware to automatically create the auto mount.
For users that are not interested to plug Time Machine into the WD External Hard Disk, is it possible to distribute a patch for this behavior so we can avoid visualizing an element in our Finder that is not used!!!!
I have count there is more than 27 posts in the Forums about this topic
01-09-2012 09:30 AM
Herminio, your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; best placed in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea. However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.