Problems with iTunes, among other things

Ok, this is kind of a complicated problem (for me, hopefully not for you). I have been using my My Book World Edition II 2TB (white light) with my home network flawlessly now for a little over 2 months. I have feature packs manager installed running Transmission and that’s about it. I have used Mionet a few times but haven’t found it very useful. Anyway, long story short, I have a little bit of knowledge on how the set up works and how to SSH into the drive. But only basic. 

My problem started when after months of putting it off, I decided to tackle the task of moving my 80GB iTunes library over to the My Book. It took a while but it worked. I just got done making all my playlists again and all that nonsense because I wasn’t very tidy about moving all my files around. Anyway, for some reason now when I start iTunes, my public drive un-mounts and is not able to be found by OS X. If I try to access the Network Storage Manager via my web browser I get this error displayed at the top of the page:

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /DataVolume/_torrent_ (errno=5 - Input/output error) in /proto/SxM_webui/ctcs/ctcsconfig.inc on line 24

The only solution I can figure out is to turn off the MyBook with the power button on the back of the drive and restart it. Once it is done restarting everything mounts fine and no files are missing or damaged, as far as I can tell. 

This has only happened recently after the great iTunes migration. The things that I can tell you that might help you help me are this:

• My music files are not all in one folder

• They are also not in public/shared music 

• For some reason, and this has been since my initial set up, my public/shared music folder as well as movies and photos are locked and when I try to open them OS X tells me “The folder “Shared Music” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.” I can go into the get info pane and try to change the read/write access but it just switches back to no access on its own. 

• I created my own folder called “shared media” in which I have my own “shared music shared movie etc.” 

• When the drives unmounted, if I tried to connect to the server the only thing that would show up was the USB drive I had attached to MyBook. 

• I have been checking the logs recently and this has shown up a few times:

“07/03 14:38:33  TreeHouseNAS daemon.warn afpd[9977]: Warning: No CNID scheme for volume /DataVolume/Public. Using default.”

• I have since tried to recreate the problem of unmounting in other ways that don’t involve iTunes, but can not successfully recreate the problem. 

I think that is all I can explain. If you have other questions that might help you help me, I am more than willing to go into more detail. 

Thank you in advance and I really hope you can help. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Dude, it’s likely that the feature packs messed something up, what if you check on the feature pack page and see if this is a reported error? All I can suggest is a full factory reset.

1 Like