PS3 can't access media server - WD My Book (white light) 1TB

Help!

I’ve looked through the threads here, and other support forums, but can’t find a definitive solution.

Up until recently, my PS3 was able to connect a and access the My Bookworld as a media server. However, now it can’t find any files. It sees the physical drive, but doesn’t recognise any files on it. If I look at the drive from my laptop, I can still see all the files there, shared videos, music etc

Also of note, is that it is now called [MyBookWorld] TwonkyMedia. It was never called this before, TwonkyMedia is new.

I am losing the will to live now. I basically have a brick for a network hard drive.

Additional…

If I access the Twonky admin page, I can upload files to the drive. So for example I have uploaded 1 music and 1 video file. I can see these 2 files and access them sucessfully from the PS3. The Twonky homepage says I have 2 files in total.

In actual fact I have hundreds. The ironic thing? The 2 files I uploaded were from the WDMB server!!!

Interestingly, looking at the drive properties, the storage used and available before and after I did this have changed. Which to me indicates that it has duplicated the files, ie taken it from where I browsed to the file in the drive, and saved to a new location (assuming in the Public folder) which the PS3 can now see.

What on earth is going on?

Any ideas?

Any help is much appreciated

Think I might have fixed it, elected to re-scan directories, looking good so far…