OSX Lion and MyBook World White Light

It’s been ages since the firmware update for MB Live, when are MyBook World White Light users going to see a patch/firmware update to solve the problem with using Time Machine under OSX Lion?

Ages? That indicates years… but I guess in dog years it can be a lot. It was three weeks ago that we released the update for My Book Live :slight_smile: We are hoping (pending testing) to release a update next week for the the Sharespace, World Edition (white lights), and World Edition II.

Thank you Tony.  I have just read through the previous posts re this and congratulate you on your patience :smiley:  I loook forward to hearing about the firmware update for the MyBook World (white light edition).  

Ah ha, next week - cool.  Thanks.

So good to hear!!!

I have the same thing- can’t connect except as a “guest”.  I get the error:

“The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.”

I’m a total newb with NAS and can’t even remember how to update the firmware when it does come out.  Can anyone remind me? 

Is there anyway to use my drive until the update comes out?

Are you any closer to release of update for the the Sharespace, World Edition (white lights), and World Edition II.  This week?

Is the update out yet for My Book World Edition II ?

for what i know no…

Hi Tony

I am still waiting patiently - what news of this update?

thanks rus

artinf wrote:

Is the update out yet for My Book World Edition II ?

You might want to subscribe to the Knowledge Base article - When the My Book Live update came out, I got an email letting me know that the article was updated (which happened when the patch was released).

Just to let you guys know, it appears that the release won’t happen until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  They are still finishing up the testing, and we don’t release updates on Fridays.  So, with the holiday on Monday, it’ll be Tuesday or Wednesday (9/6 or 9/7) of next week. 

2 Likes

hey I’ve waited a month without iTunes, iPhoto, and email on my Mac with no way to sync my iOS devices. PLEASE release it TUESDAY!!!

Good info, thanks for posting.  Friday releases are bad news - enjoy your weekend!

xforce11 wrote:
hey I’ve waited a month without iTunes, iPhoto, and email on my Mac with no way to sync my iOS devices. PLEASE release it TUESDAY!!!

If you want a workaround for TimeMachine on Lion, try the solution mentioned here in this thread…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-World-Edition/still-waiting-or/m-p/250354#M5772

It’s about manually installing netatalk 2.2 on the MBWE… regards

Well that upgraded nettalk not having luck logging in

How do we know when the upgrade becomes available?

And is this upgrade for all of your WD external drives for the Mac Lion OS?

Thank you so much!!

Will it be posed in here when the firmware update is ready?

Bill,

I’m so ready for the new release.

Checking the calendar it appearred to me that tomorrow is Friday again. Let’s get it out today.

Pizza for the dev and release  team for working late today.

Cheers,

Frank.

it’s amazing … another week .I have also a Buffalo hd (1Tbyte)… 2 weeks “after Lion” a new release of firmare was release… and all ok. I was hoping that WD is faster in releasing the firmware … but perhaps, the larger the company … beep!