Notice (9/30/11) - WD Still Working on Firmware Update for My Book World

Okay WD, I’m a patient person. Or at least I’m trying to be patient. But it’s been 3 months now - 3 months! Lion was released on July 20. Let’s pretend you ignored all previews and beta releases etc. and you only figured out 3 months ago that your AFP access was broken. Isn’t that plenty of time to fix the authentication? Isn’t that all that changed here? We’re not talking major overhaul or adding major new features to your firmware, just the way authentication works.

In the last 3 months we’ve had plenty of misleading ETAs, 1 failed firmware which was pulled a few days later. And then statementes like “oh, it’s looking really good, we’re regression testing over the weekend and we’ll release SOON!”. 3 months, people! What does it take?

I understand giving bad ETAs is not a good thing, but having none at all is equally as bad. Not a way to keep customers in the loop who’ve been waiting for 3 months to access their data!

BTW: And if you only change authentication, how come we’re now dealing with dropped network issues and large file issues etc.? Are these pre-existing problems just coming out now or did you guys mess with the firmware since the last stable release?

Anyways, 3 months is too much time, no matter how patient one is. 

Anybody know of any good competitive products with RAID, e.g. Synology!?

4 Likes