No File Error Message When Accessing My Book World Edition II

I have connected the MBWE II to my Thomson TG872T Wireless Modem via a Cat 6 Ethernet Cable, which is then connected to my Samsung TV UA60C5900 (with built-In Media Player) via a CAT 6 Ethernet Cable, which is connected wirelessly to my ASUS N53JN Laptop Computer, using Windows 7 (64 bit).

I can see and access the MBWE II drives and folders on my laptop. I can transfer files (I have used before) from my laptop to the MBWE II. My media player can see the MBWE II on the TV, but it tells me that there isn’t any files contained on the MBWE II.

Check your TV can handle the file format. I had the same problem with video files - nothing in .mov, avi etc would show up. It only worked when I converted to DivX.

I can play the same movies on my Samsung TV using a WD Elements 500 GB Portable Hard Drive, weather they are AVI, MKV, Xvid or other.

Just for anyone’s interest I finally solved the problem, but I still don’t know what the problem was.

I simply removed all devices, removed all software, and did a system restore to before I originally connected the MBWE II, and re-plugged it all back together again, and it started working???