New Release - Firmware Version 1.02.04 for My Book World Edition I & II (8/16/10)

Yes you are…Version 1.02.04

Yes I am… Version 1.02.04 !

DL link for latest firmware (1.02.05?) MBWE II pleaseeeeee?

Cortado… Someone will have to post an alt link. It got pulled a few days after I posted it here. WD prob didn’t like that the .05 version was “found”.

I guess its good  & bad news. Good that we know there was at least some other version after the .04 release that was somewhat beinh worked on, bad because now we can’t get to it at all and there’s still no update on an official new firmware update.

WD dev’s must be busy working on the new MB Live version since that’s gonna be their cash cow now.

When I log into my device and tell it to check for firmware updates, it says that I am up to date…but my firmware is “01.01.16 with MioNet 4.3.1.7”.  Now, I read the post about the 2.05 firmware not being official…but what about 2.04?

When I log into my device and tell it to check for firmware updates, it says that I am up to date…but my firmware is “01.01.16 with MioNet 4.3.1.7”.  Now, I read the post about the 2.05 firmware not being official…but what about 2.04?

Do any of the firmware updates address problems / updates to the built-in iTunes server?  That is mainly what I use this drive for - but when I pull it up in iTunes under the shared libraries, I can only view my music.  No movies, TV shows, podcasts, playlists, anything else.  All of those are blank when I click on them.

Congratulations WD! - and many “Happy Returns”

The “latest” firmware available on your site for the MBWEII is now a year old!

Release 1.01.16 (11/24/09)

How’s the baby doing? - walking, talking?

…Working? :mantongue:

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-286747/anyone-have-working-link-for-1-02-05-fw-image#post-934734

My WD World Book, say the current firmware is 01.01.16 with MioNet 4.3.0.8 and this is the latest. (Fri, 06 Nov 2009)

Reading this post it suggests there is a fireware update, but was pulled by WD.

I being trying to use WD drive for itunes 10 and waiting for fireware to fix the problems with the WD itunes server.

___

When will WD provide fixes to their devices, the current firmware is over a year old.

I don’t think I be buying another WD device for use for itunes backup in future, nor could I recommend it to others.

Reading many posts and WD representives updates, they general say fireware update will be “ready when it is ready” (ie never), very arrogant.

The update is well over due, at the very least WD should provide some explanation what the delay is due too.

Maybe in the days where WD only provided HD drives, it was not all that important, but people uses these devices for media if they don’t work it very frustrating.

What I want is the WD drive to acts as backup to my itunes library and appleTV, Macbook, so when Itunes sync erases my files I have a backup, presently I can’t do this, so I may need to find another device.

Please would WD provide a answer why they taken over a year to provide a firmware update, why they pulled the update, and some timeline when it be released.

I add to my christmas list a new 1-2T HD backup drive, please not WD

WD !!! :angry: Beurk !!! Never never never WD…WD is **** !!!

I have a MyBook World II (2TB) drive, and I can not update the firmware. I click the button for the automatic update, and I get an error stating “connection refused”. Firmware on the device is 1.0.1.18

Stay with yhis firmware !

It’s strange ! The firmware 1.02.04 is here : http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=117&sid=116&lang=en !! So available for MBWE 1 only !

I can only find 1.01.16 and I only updated last Friday. 1.02.04 is only gpl source code?

Link for 1.02.05 on page 15

hey guys,

i’ve read through a fair enough of this thread, but not all of it as all i’m seeing are complaints… which is why im also here.

my MBWE was on some older firmware (dont remember which) and every thing worked fine. A couple of days ago, twonky had problems playing back files of any sort - it was seriously slowww

To fix, i tried a reboot - which didn’t help, so i tried a firmware update. I’m now on 1.01.16, and twonky started streaming music again but this time, i had no option to select video or pictures. To fix this issue, i rebooted again. and nothing changed. came into work a day later and now twonky has disappeared from all TVs (we have twonky on several laptops which all still work, so its definitely not the TVs), and the server IP address does not respond - I receive the standard @can not display page’ notice.

any ideas on this…? I may have missed a post where this has been discussed, but all the posts I read did not mention this problem on this firmware. any help would be great - we need to get our TVs running media again!

HI, go to twony media settings at ‘your MBWE ip’:9000 (e.g 192.168.1.101:9000).

There you’ll see what your twonky recognizes, how much music files, pictures and movies.
If the pictures and videos are absent (marked 0), add them at ‘Sharing’ under  ‘Basic Setup’.

Hope it helps.

Hi Jacob,

thanks for your reply. forgot to mention in my previous post, that when i do go to that IP, nothing loads, as if Twonky didn’t exist. If i navigate to Twonky using the Configuration pages of MBWE (which in turn also pulls up the IP:9000), I still get nothing on my screen.

I had read somewhere that I shoudl re-build the database, from the Maintenance  tab, but seeing as I can’t even access Twonky at all, Im not sure how I’d get around that.

Its almost as if the Twonky  programme has become corrupted.

Accessing twonky directly by IP or WD admin screen is the same.

It is possible that your twonky server is simply dead.
Shut down the device, plug it out of power for few minutes and plug it in back.

Some time ago it did the trick with a strange thing I had with my MBWE.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the tip. I’ve turned the drive off using the power button, but did not disconnect from the mains supply. I’ll try this way and see what I get.

Total fail WD - you should be ashamed of both yourselves and the level of customer support you provide regarding this issue.

For anyone interested:

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-249817/upgrade-twonky-to-version-6

I have just upgraded to twonky 6.0.23 (the link to which is further down the thread) - and it works fantastically well.

If you wish to try it - be it on your own head! - I will not talk anyone through it or provide assistance - it’s YOUR choice whether you upgrade via this method or not - all I’ll say is that it works for me - and works **bleep** well.

No doubt this post will be deleted as soon as an admin sees it - if only they responded as quickly regarding their customers legitimate concerns regarding the outdated (and in many cases - useless) version of Twonky they provide for their NAS customers.