Reply
Collector
wmattis
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎09-05-2011
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

Sorry, but I'm not just ranting - I'm also giving the advice to try again, and I'm describing how the update attempts looked from my perspective since I don't see the same things described before by other users.

 

I'm joining "the conversation about all things WD." This is "one place where you can talk to each other about how you're using WD products and services. Ask questions, swap ideas, post and read information, opinions, and tips with others", according to the description of the WD Community forum.

 

Log files and system consoles isn't stuff that the community of users of common everyday products should have to deal with all the time. The developers, on the other hand, could deal with them much more.

Staff
daytrdr
Posts: 1,398
Registered: ‎08-23-2010
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

[ Edited ]

Edit: quoted wrong post.

__________________________________________
Please be sure to click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Staff
daytrdr
Posts: 1,398
Registered: ‎08-23-2010
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)


Spockdog wrote:

When I connect finder with My Book World I get message:

 

Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB, using temporary CNID DB instead.Check server messages for details!

 

But after 2 error messages Finder is connected!!!

 

A reboot didn't help.

 

TimeMachine doesn't work, too.

 

Error-Message: The BackUp Volume doesn't support AFP functions

 

I'm on Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2; My Book World 1 firmware 01.02.12 with MioNet (loaded manually today)

 

 

grrr

 

Any ideas?

 


I am investigating this, thanks for the feedback.  I am pretty sure I know what that issue is related too, but I am going to test a few things.  I'll post back here with an update.

__________________________________________
Please be sure to click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Regular Advisor
Umpa2011
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎11-04-2010
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

I updated, then did a full system restore as there were no files that i needed on this nas.  Re-set it all up.  Lasted 12 hours and now it has locked up. Can't ssh, can't get to web admin BUT can ping it from terminal. why ?

Staff
daytrdr
Posts: 1,398
Registered: ‎08-23-2010
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)


Umpa2011 wrote:

I updated, then did a full system restore as there were no files that i needed on this nas.  Re-set it all up.  Lasted 12 hours and now it has locked up. Can't ssh, can't get to web admin BUT can ping it from terminal. why ?


Did you enable SSH access in the web UI previously?  Can you even access the web ui at this point?

__________________________________________
Please be sure to click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Occasional Visitor
scbadger
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-21-2011
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

I am also having trouble with TM.  I can access my shares on the NAS but TM won't recognize the backup drive on MyBookWorld.  Pre-Lion, I had two MyBookWorlds mounted in FInder, one for the share folders and one for TM backups.  Now the second one (backup) is gone and TM has nothing available for a backup.  I also had problems accessing Twonky but after several resets, reboots and cycling power on my router, I've been able to access Twonky.  As other users have mentioned, I also experienced the CNID DB error.  2 errors to be precise, when I first updated the MBWE firmware.  They have not reappeared.

 

Mac OS X 10.7.2

MBWE II Firmware - 1.02.12

 

 

Occasional Visitor
newman88
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-21-2011
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

[ Edited ]

Spockdog wrote:

When I connect finder with My Book World I get message:

 

Something wrong with the volume's CNID DB, using temporary CNID DB instead.Check server messages for details!

 

But after 2 error messages Finder is connected!!!

 

A reboot didn't help.

 

TimeMachine doesn't work, too.

 

Error-Message: The BackUp Volume doesn't support AFP functions

 

 


Hi!

I have the same problem after update :smileysad:

 

UPDATE: after 2nd restart TM connected and it works!  I see that login process takes a lot of time.

Frequent Advisor
morphy
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-30-2010
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

[ Edited ]

My box has been running for 36 hours so far ok. As I said in one off my other post about the previous post is with version before I disabled twonkey and nominet as explained in this forum see below. This cured my original problems

but when I installed 1.02.10 and 12 twonky is up and running and so far all has been ok. YOU TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Or search though the posts for the one about freezing up I think It is by hurtware. Good luck M

In the web configuration switch to Advanced Mode, then on the System tab using the Advanced button check the SSH Access checkbox on the top of the page, then Submit.
Using Putty or any other SSH client connect to your NAS's IP address, and log in using "root" as username, and "welc0me" as password!
Now you are inside your NAS.
Type the following on the prompt (this will move/save the startup scripts to the /root/ folder and disable running of mionet and twonky main program and miocrawler it is unnecessary):
mv /etc/init.d/S9M_mionet /root/
mv /etc/init.d/S97twonkyserver /root/
mv /usr/mionet/bin/cvm /root/
mv /usr/mionet/changeNotifySocket /root/
mv /usr/mionet/plugin/miocrawler/miocrawler /root/
then reboot your NAS with
reboot
Disable all other unused services in the web configuration to free up some more RAM and make your NAS more stable.

I am running 1.02.12

Trusted Contributor
Ardvark
Posts: 924
Registered: ‎12-23-2009
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)


morphy wrote:

My box has been running for 36 hours so far ok. As I said in one off my other post about the previous post is with version before I disabled twonkey and nominet as explained in this forum see below. This cured my original problems

but when I installed 1.02.10 and 12 twonky is up and running and so far all has been ok. YOU TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Or search though the posts for the one about freezing up I think It is by hurtware. Good luck M

In the web configuration switch to Advanced Mode, then on the System tab using the Advanced button check the SSH Access checkbox on the top of the page, then Submit.
Using Putty or any other SSH client connect to your NAS's IP address, and log in using "root" as username, and "welc0me" as password!
Now you are inside your NAS.
Type the following on the prompt (this will move/save the startup scripts to the /root/ folder and disable running of mionet and twonky main program and miocrawler it is unnecessary):
mv /etc/init.d/S9M_mionet /root/
mv /etc/init.d/S97twonkyserver /root/
mv /usr/mionet/bin/cvm /root/
mv /usr/mionet/changeNotifySocket /root/
mv /usr/mionet/plugin/miocrawler/miocrawler /root/
then reboot your NAS with
reboot
Disable all other unused services in the web configuration to free up some more RAM and make your NAS more stable.


You do realize that .12 is out right?

- The Ardvark

Occasional Visitor
vivaLV2
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-21-2011
0

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

@krazydan

 

I am also experiencing EXTREME slowdowns even using Finder. On my MacBook Pro (running Lion) the logon to mount the drive used to take <1 second (pre 1.02.12 update), now it takes 30+ seconds to mount. Open a folder = another minute or longer just to view the directory. Good news is that my login under Lion seems to work, but the drive performance is basically unusable at this point.

 

 

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD