Advisor
Jazzwhistle

Re: New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

[ Edited ]

Hi Kimmyjus,

That's got to be good news that the HD appears OK in those settings - but the big error "DataVolume does not exist" probably means you've got a problem that only WD can fix :-( Unless there's someone else on this board willing to lend their expertise?

Can you access your data using afp://192.168.0.3/yoursharenamegoeshere in the Finder  "Go" > "Connect to Server" menu? I presume you've already rebooted the MBW... This shouldn't make any difference, but do you see the same problem when you access the MBW admin using simply http://192.168.0.3?

EDIT: I've just noticed the date/time of your screen shot says 25/10 but it looks like you posted on the 24th...  unless you are at GMT+10?!  Do check the time settings are correct as this can cause all sorts of problems.

Occasional Advisor
kimmyjus

Jazzwhistle wrote:

Hi Kimmyjus,

That's got to be good news that the HD appears OK in those settings - but the big error "DataVolume does not exist" probably means you've got a problem that only WD can fix :-( Unless there's someone else on this board willing to lend their expertise?

Can you access your data using afp://192.168.0.3/yoursharenamegoeshere in the Finder  "Go" > "Connect to Server" menu? I presume you've already rebooted the MBW... This shouldn't make any difference, but do you see the same problem when you access the MBW admin using simply http://192.168.0.3?

EDIT: I've just noticed the date/time of your screen shot says 25/10 but it looks like you posted on the 24th...  unless you are at GMT+10?!  Do check the time settings are correct as this can cause all sorts of problems.

we are at GMT+10! :smileyhappy: Brisbane, Australia.

I'll try thiis out and let you know.

Advisor
Anthi

the new firmware worked ok for a few days, then it just crapped out. i wiped the MBWE II and started over completely. I have 2 macs on wifi and a new Belkin 750 router, but the MBWE II keeps dropping off the network.

I haven't been able to use my NAS reliably since JULY. I am very frustrated, but I know the WD team is working to resolve this. 

i hope a new firmware finally fixes the problem. 

Advisor
Anthi

now i cannot log in to the Time Machine backup AT ALL. 

No matter what I do, I cannot log in.

WD_Backup account just does not work. UGH!!!!

Occasional Visitor
gauloisesss

After my automatic upgrade to the new firmware, Time Machine started to work. It took around 10 minutes to upgrade to the new firmware level. I can connect to the network shares also in 30-40 seconds. Be sure that your computer and Mybook is on the same workgroup/domain..

Itunes can not stream still.

Thanks WD. 

Regular Advisor
Umpa2011

After installing this update, I sadly have to report that (for me at least) this update is complete garbage.  I'm re-deploying 01.02.06 installing opware and the homebrew Netatalk that fixes the issue.  Sure I will STILL have to disable crappy Twonky or I'll get lockups but at least it will work.

Salva72

Same here. After upgrading to 1.02.12 I solved all the problems about network stability but:

- it takes 20 - 30 seconds to connect to shares as a registred user (with previous firmware il took no more than 2 seconds) on Mac machine; no delays on Windows machines;

- iTunes can not stream: it tries to connect with no results.

Please WD help us to fix our problems: MBWE II was great, fast, affordable with previous firmware!

Advisor
Sillimo

Hello to everyone.
Even for me it's the same thing: I have a home network managed by a router and two netgear switches with Mac Snow Leopard. The connection times with TM have become very long, while with the older firmware were instantaneous.
The same happens when I connect as a registered user to shared folders.
I updated the FW 1.02.10 in September and I expected the new firmware without doing anything. I have full confidence in the development of the WD stuff. :smileywink:

Occasional Advisor
kimmyjus

well, i took my MBW to a computer tech friend of mine and he's said the drive is knackered. there was nothing wrong with the drive before we did the update. i have to now employ the services of a data collection company to get the 10 years or so of documents, travel and family photos we have on that. costing between $700 and $1500 to do so. this will not be the last we hear of this saga.

Advisor
Jazzwhistle

@kimmyjus before you fork out those sums... have you first tried connectng via Ethernet? If that fails too, you could open up the MBW (http://www.instructables.com/id/Disassembling-MyBook-World-Edition/) and connect the disk to a machine running Ubuntu (or any machine that can read linux partitions), and from there you should be able to access the data...

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD