New Firmware Version 1.02.12 for the My Book World I & II (10/19/11)

My box has been running for 36 hours so far ok. As I said in one off my other post about the previous post is with version before I disabled twonkey and nominet as explained in this forum see below. This cured my original problems

but when I installed 1.02.10 and 12 twonky is up and running and so far all has been ok. YOU TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Or search though the posts for the one about freezing up I think It is by hurtware. Good luck M

In the web configuration switch to Advanced Mode, then on the System tab using the Advanced button check the SSH Access checkbox on the top of the page, then Submit.
Using Putty or any other SSH client connect to your NAS’s IP address, and log in using “root” as username, and “welc0me” as password!
Now you are inside your NAS.
Type the following on the prompt (this will move/save the startup scripts to the /root/ folder and disable running of mionet and twonky main program and miocrawler it is unnecessary):
mv /etc/init.d/S9M_mionet /root/
mv /etc/init.d/S97twonkyserver /root/
mv /usr/mionet/bin/cvm /root/
mv /usr/mionet/changeNotifySocket /root/
mv /usr/mionet/plugin/miocrawler/miocrawler /root/
then reboot your NAS with
reboot
Disable all other unused services in the web configuration to free up some more RAM and make your NAS more stable.

I am running 1.02.12