MyBookWorld Windows 8.1

Hi,

I use Netgear N900 (WNDR4500) router and WD My Book Live (3TB) with ethernet connection.

I fresh installed my notebook to Windows 8.1, previously had Windows 7 working fine.

But using these devices with Windows 8.1 was unstable, only sometimes I had access to My Book Live, which I believe to be very similar to previous descriptions. See below what I did and results achieved.

I did update N900 router (firmware V1.0.1.40_1.0.68) and My Book Live was already updated (firmware 02.43.03-022).

And I also changed or confirmed some local Windows configuration:

• My network settings (at Control Panel / Network and Internet / Sharing and Network Central / Advanced Settings) are: private network with network discovery ON, new devices automatic setup ON, files and printer sharing OFF, allow Windows to manage conections ON.

• My Windows credentials (at Control Panel / User Account / Credential Manager) related to My Book Live were erased.

(please note that those descriptions aren’t fully correct because my OS is translated, not in English anymore).

After thise steps I created a new user/password at My Book Live and restarted it.

Then access to My Book Live became normal again.

Hope it helps someone.

Regards,

Fabrício