MyBookWorld Connections Fails and solid blue rings

Hi

I’m hoping someone has a bright idea or has seen this before. I have a 500Gb MyBookWorld device, it’s been great for a few years. I was considering expanding with an external disk however the device stopped working (before anything was attached to it I hasten to add). It will start up and just have the two blue rings solid. I can ping the device on the network and not make a connection whether through a network dirve or a browser. I can hear the disk spinning.

Any ideas? 

I have reset the device and tried a restart however the old MioNet software doesn’t work on Windows 7 so don’t use it.

Yours desperate. Need to recover some data. 

Thanks. 

Try connecting the ethernet cable directly to the PC and then try to map it manually.

Hi 

Thanks. Forgot to say that I tried that. The PC doesn’t see the device, although I can ping it through the static IP it has on the netwrok. Any other thought? Thanks

I’ve had something similar happen although in my case I could access the data for a short time but then the drive would overheat.  Symptoms similar to yours - blue rings alight but nothing working.

I managed to recover the data by opening the case and directing the air flow from an electric fan over the drive to keep it cool while I copied the files.  It may not work for you, but it’s worth a try.