My Book World edition II and os x mavericks time machine not working

Hey guys, noticed that the my book live has been patched to work with mavericks, will the same be done for the my book world? Since updating it’s not working. 

Thanks.

I don’t think so dude, that drive is as alive as Elvis and it’s already 2 generations behind MyCloud and MyBook Live.

I’m using crashplan (free) to backup to a folder on my mybookworld. You just have to add the network folder to login items so that it mounts automatically when you turn on your mac. 

I’m guessing there is no practical limitation behind wd not supporting mavericks but they’d probably rather have we buy the new drives…

1 Like

andreaslarsen wrote:

I’m using crashplan (free) to backup to a folder on my mybookworld. You just have to add the network folder to login items so that it mounts automatically when you turn on your mac. 

I’m guessing there is no practical limitation behind wd not supporting mavericks but they’d probably rather have we buy the new drives…

That’s business 101

I hope they decide to release an update for the My Book World Edition II so that Mavericks can use the drive for time machine…

Please!!!

I connect my WD Edition II (White Light Edition) to my Apple Router and access it via the WIFI network. My last firmware upgrade was January 2013 and even after upgrading to Maverics, I could read the drive for a few days even though it seem like it would disconnect or fail periodically 

Now I can no longer access the drive though Finder but if I use the ‘Administrative’ web site at: http://10.0.1.2/admin/storage_index.php?lang=en , I can login and look at the drive information, shares, and some other information. When I look at the disk volumes, I see the following audit log:

• 11/11 17:37:10 [Volume Status] Data Volume ‘DataVolume’ doesn’t exist!

That looks concerning and I would really appreciate someone from the Western Digital support to definitively help me understand:

1. Is my drive still functional?

2. Is my data still accessible?

3. Is my data recoverable?

4. Did my drive just fail or did it have to do with trying to access it with OSX Mavericks?

I can accept buying a new drive, but it’s harder to accept having lost all of my data.

Clarity and some help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Calvin.

I noticed this is solved - where do we find the update for mybookworld? Or when can we expect an update? Is WD working on it? 

WD please let your customers know, we need to know where we stand.

Look forward to a response.

Thanks!

Who said solved ?!

THIS PROBLEM IS  NOT  SOLVED !!

Thanks for your attention.

mixa