My Book World Edition II (White Light) loses connection on Mac

I have a My Book World Edition II. I bought it before 2 years and at the beginning I was useing it with Windows and I hadn’t experienced and issue.

But the last 6 months I own an iMac with OSX Mountain Lion and I am having connection issues with it.

At the beginning I was trying to connect within the mac shares on which the drive was visible, but some times it was giving a connection failure and I had to make restarts (from http interface) to My Book in order to establish the connection.

Then I made a connection to server with smb and ip, but again sometimes when I open the mac I get a message that the server is not available and I have to make the connection manually all over again.

Is there any way that I could connect the drive to mac and have a persistant connection? I have all my files on My book and it’s very irritating to make all this fuss every time.

Thank you

Try connecting the drive directly to the Mac to see if there is a connectivity issue with the router.

There’s something that is making the drive lose the IP and connection is dropping.

Check if there’s any Firewall or Internet Security that might be causing this.

Well the drive doesn’t looses the IP since it’s static.

I have put the drive to automaticaly turn off, is this causing this problem?

It should not be a problem but try disabling that feature and see if that helps.