MBWE II Upgrade Hard Drive

I am looking to purchase a My Book World Edition II on Ebay.   This model is the blue light ring model.   This model comes with the stock 1tb drives.  It is the WDG2NC10000N model.

1. What is the procedure to replace/upgrade the hard drives?

2. Once I replace the drives, how do I perform a factory reset with the new drives?

3. I am guessing I would buy the WD Green Caviar drives?

4. This model comes with Ethernet and USB, can I connect this model to a computer and use it as an external drive?

I guess I had asked the same or similar question on this forum before.  My apologizes.  

However, I didn’t get a clear understanding on why you can’t replace/upgrade the hard drives on the Blue ring model.  It is clear that you can upgrade the hard drives on the White light model.   If you can upgrade the HDs on the white light model then why not on Blue ring?

pfisher wrote:

I guess I had asked the same or similar question on this forum before.  My apologizes.  

However, I didn’t get a clear understanding on why you can’t replace/upgrade the hard drives on the Blue ring model.  It is clear that you can upgrade the hard drives on the White light model.   If you can upgrade the HDs on the white light model then why not on Blue ring?

Because it’s older than Oprah.

The Pizza Matrix:  Ok, thanks for contributing with helpful information.  Thanks.   So you are saying that Western Digital was born when Oprah Winfrey was born, right?   She was born in 1954 so was there technology products available then?  Western Digital was FOUNDED in1970.  I think it is safe to say, My Book product line is NOT that old specifically the World Edition Blue ring or White light models. 

The point is the MBW BR is so old the controller was not even designed with drive swap in mind.

instead of getting a new hard drive and an old MBWEII in ebay, why better you don’t purchase a new my cloud wd drive at amazon? better price and you get a brand new 2tb, 3tb or even 4tb unit with more features (the blue ring model is very, very old).