How to get data from gutted World Edition II?

Recently my My Book World Edition II (blue lights) failed to power on.  I believe the drives to be in good shape, just the unit itself won’t power.  I want to put one of the drives (it was RAID1 configuration) into an external clam shell and access the data.  Windows (Vista) recognizes the drive when I plug it in, however it wants to format it (ain’t happening).  I came to find out the drive is formatted EXT2 or EXT3.  I installed a program called EXT2 IFS, and this at least assigned drive letters to the 4 partitions on the disk, however the data was still not accessible.  The EXT2 IFS has a diagnostic that I ran with the following return:

So following this advice, I downloaded LinuxMint to attempt to mount the drive (so I could then cleanly dismount it), but it will not mount … says “UNABLE TO MOUNT LOCATION - CAN’T MOUNT FILE.” 

I appreciate any help you can give.  I thought my data would be safe due to the RAID1, but lesson learned - always have a backup for the redundancy!  And also have disaster recovery to the backup!  I know the data is on the drives, I just need to get to it some how.  Really all I care about are my family pictures and videos.  Thanks in advance.

try ext2fsd. i mapped it to windows 7 when i had trouble w/ this nas. then again, i created that trouble :).