Can' t delete a file uploaded in a public folder via TwonkyVision

Good evening everyone!

I didn’t like the Twonky mediaserver, but i once tried to upload a video in the public folder and play it from the Playstation 3. It worked fine, however I don’t want to keep all my videos in the public folder, so i tried to delete the file. There is no such command in the Twonky control panel, so I tried to delete it from Windows. Well, I couldn’t, and still can’t. The file was created by the mediaserver root user, and I don’t have the permissions to write in that folder, and then delete the file.

Is there a more or less direct way to delete the file?

I have had that here’s what I did to fix it.

Download a copy of Putty (search on the net)

Enter your Mybookworld IP in to Putty - hit open and say yes to any windows that open.

In the black window that come up enter  the login as root & password (welc0me) without brackets

Here’s the magic bit - assuming all went well you now need to type this exactly cut and paste if you can :-

cd /shares

chmod -R 770 Public

means you press the enter/return key

What this does is to reset the permissions on your public folder and should enable you to read/write/delete.

Let me know how you got on.

1 Like

Thank you very much! It was what I was looking for, and it worked perfectly. BUT before connecting with Putty I had to enable the SSH connection on the MyBookWorld unit (System > Advanced > Root access), which was disabled.

Thank you again!