Occasional Contributor
agramon

wd1600BEVT

I originally posted this in the general section. I'm still new to this. I am receiving an error message on boot up only. It says:

SMART failure predicted on hard disk drive4: WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0-(S1)

Warning immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive.

A failure may be imminent.

I am wondering if there is a way around replacing the hard drive. I've done searches on the internet and the only thing I can come up with are websites to drivers. I am relatively computer illiterate when it comes to this kind of stuff. What do I do, short of replacing the hard drive?

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: boot up issues

You should do exactly what it says, "Warning immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk."  Smart warnings are not something you want to mess with.  So, make sure that you get your data backed up and keep it backed up, until you can replace the hard drive. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD