Established Member
CharlieBonsom

WD Scorpio Blue in Macbook Pro still spinning...

Hi everyone,

I've got a proglem with my new WD HDD and I would like to ask you for help.

I've bought WD Scorpio Blue 640GB a replaced with it my previous Hitachi factory HDD. The Hitachi HDD was perfectly calm, I didn`t even know that it spins. The WD HDD spins all the time at full speed. It never slows and thats really annoying. There are several topic where people have the same problem, but there is no solution working for me.

I`ve tried to:

maybe even something more I cant remeber now, but the HDD is still spinning. My problem isnt clickinkg or any other head parking issue. It just still spinns.

If anyone of you can provide me with a solution (link etc.), I will be gratefull. I have one 3,5 WD external drive which is not doing this sound so I hope WD is not producing just 2,5'' HDDs with this sound. Its not usual (compared to my other 3 notebooks I have/used to have).

Just to make sure, I have a clean install of OS X Lion. In Activity Monitor there is no CPU or disk activity, but it still keeps spinning...

Thanks for any help!

Charlie

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MBP 15'', Late 2008, 2,4 GHz

Established Member
CharlieBonsom

Re: WD Scorpio Blue in Macbook Pro still spinning...

Guys any help will be appreciated, please...

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Try running a test with Disk Utility.  The link bellow might also help.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/568/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMDM4MDU5NC9zaWQvWE55ZCpNUms%...

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Established Member
CharlieBonsom

Thanks for the link, I will try that.

I've already tried the "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS (CD)" option, but I was not able to boot from it. It seems to me that its only Windows compatible.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD