Occasional Visitor
lucidr3v3ri3

VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

Hi all,

I saw a thread from last year referencing an IcyDock chassis to mount a Raptor, but as we all know, the form factor for the Raptor is too tall to fit.  I've spent some time looking for a mounting kit to accomplish this, but without much luck.

I'm not stuck on IcyDock, but does anybody recommend a mounting bracket for the 2.5" VelociRaptor? Or can the chassis itself be purchased directly from WD or a preferred vendor?

Thanks,

Ben

Trancer

Re: VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

The 2.5-inch WD VelociRaptor is enclosed in a backplane-ready 3.5-inch enterprise-class mounting frame with a built-in heat sink that keeps the drive cool when installed in high-performance desktop chassis. This mounting frame is the WD IcePack, designed by WD for the HLHX and HLFS models and not available separately. 

Regards,

Trancer.
Occasional Visitor
lucidr3v3ri3

Re: VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

Thanks for the detailed information. I appreciate it.

Ben

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD