Occasional Visitor
lucidr3v3ri3

VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

Hi all,

I saw a thread from last year referencing an IcyDock chassis to mount a Raptor, but as we all know, the form factor for the Raptor is too tall to fit.  I've spent some time looking for a mounting kit to accomplish this, but without much luck.

I'm not stuck on IcyDock, but does anybody recommend a mounting bracket for the 2.5" VelociRaptor? Or can the chassis itself be purchased directly from WD or a preferred vendor?

Thanks,

Ben

Trancer

Re: VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

The 2.5-inch WD VelociRaptor is enclosed in a backplane-ready 3.5-inch enterprise-class mounting frame with a built-in heat sink that keeps the drive cool when installed in high-performance desktop chassis. This mounting frame is the WD IcePack, designed by WD for the HLHX and HLFS models and not available separately. 

Regards,

Please click the star icon to the left to highlight helpful posts, and click on 'Accept as Solution' under post options for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Occasional Visitor
lucidr3v3ri3

Re: VelociRaptor mounting bracket for 3.5" or 5.25"?

Thanks for the detailed information. I appreciate it.

Ben

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD