Occasional Visitor
RaviG

Using Acronis True Image

Hi,

I purchased WD Scorpio Blue 500GB internal HDD and was hoping to use True Image to make an image of my existing HDD (Non-WD) and migrate to WD 500GB for my Laptop.

But the installation did not complete as True Image could not find any WD product in my Laptop.

Is there anyway I could use the free True Image to make an Image and migrate to new 500GB without needing to buy it from Acronics.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Occasional Visitor
crazycarl

Re: Using Acronis True Image

I'm having exactly the same problem with a 750GB Scorpio Blue, the Acronis Align software sees the drive, but Acronis True Image won;t install as it cannot see the drive.

Honored Contributor
Wizer

This version of Acronis is for WD drives only

Try another software to clone the drive

check this site

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
RaviG

All,

I managed to sort this out by doing the following:

- Installed 2012 Acronis True Image (Trial version)

- Backed up my old HDD into a network drive

- Created a boot media using the trial version Acronis True Image

- Got myself a USB to SATA docking station - Formatted and Partitioned my WD500 GB

- Aligned the WD500 GB using the Free Acronis Disk Align software (Free download from WD)

- Installed the new WD500 GB HDD into my laptop and booted with the Boot Media created above

- "Recovered" the back up from Network drive into my WD500 GB.

After 2 hours I have everything restored into my new HDD, and all working fine...

Thanks to Acronis for the wonderful software .

Cheers,

Ravi

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD