Occasional Visitor
moms_ga

Re Allocated Sector Count

I am working on a clients computer, they dropped it and now it will not boot into Windows.

The drive is an WD1600BEVT from an Acer Aspire 5532. 

When I run the WD diagnostics software, it reports the below attributes with an asterick beside it :

Smart Attributes:

ID         Name                                                       Value       Thresh   Worst

5           Re Allocated Sector Count                  29            140          29

When I install the drive into another system;

Drive is not accessible. The disc structure is corrupted or unreadable.

First of all, there is some valuable data (Pictures) on this drive is it recoverable???

Could I use the WD Acronis and clone the drive???

Can I repair this drive by performing a low level format???

Thanks,

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: Re Allocated Sector Count

If you do a low level format that will completely delete any files, since the information appears to be corrupted you can use a data recovery program. Try using recuva to see if it recognizes the corrupted files.

www.piriform.com/recuva

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD