dchinu

Frequent head parking on Scropio blue: WD5000BPVT

This powe saving feature causing major desktop responsiveness issue here as every now and than you get freez and hear the drive rotating from spin down. I am on AC power and full perpermance mode with disabled power saving On a Notebook but yet the drive is manages to ignor all settings like AHCI link mode Active and hard disk is set to never power off.

There is no update from wdc but my other external element se1023 got a update with WdIdleDisable_v6.

Is it a known problem or isolated issue?

dchinu

Re: Frequent head parking on Scropio blue: WD5000BPVT

[ Edited ]

after few hours of troubleshooting found a third party program that enables full manual control over hard disk power management and acoustic management. crystalDiskinfo 4.2 Funtion>advanced feature>AAM and APM Control

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/manual-en/AamApm.html

working for me on my both drives, Its quite odd these hard disk does not regard windows default power management settings, thanks to WD.

Any one knows any adverse effect of manual changing APM and AAM ?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD