Occasional Visitor
arccus_98

3TB HDD WD30EZRX is not recognized on windows xp help!!

Recently i bough a 3TB HDD WD30EZRX drive i tried to install it to a workstation hp but it could only see it as 750GB.

Can someone please help me! I tried to make it GPD like i read in internet but there was no such a choice.

Do i have to check first my BIOS version, if there is an update who can solve my problem?

thanks

Occasional Visitor
Tmaxradio1

Re: 3TB HDD WD30EZRX is not recognized on windows xp help!!

Your system either does not accept over a certain size drive, and or the drive is damaged or defective. The latter being unliky. A bios upgrade on the machine may remedy the problem because sometimes older bios support only goes to 2tb for xp and newer. It just as bad at that memory limit of 3gb on windows xp machines. You may consider an upgrade to the machine possibly something more recent. Thay alone may be your end option.

Enjoy

Rob

Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

Re: 3TB HDD WD30EZRX is not recognized on windows xp help!!

arccus_98 wrote:

3TB HDD WD30EZRX is not recognized on windows xp help!!

Recently i bough a 3TB HDD WD30EZRX drive i tried to install it to a workstation hp but it could only see it as 750GB.

Can someone please help me! I tried to make it GPD like i read in internet but there was no such a choice.

Do i have to check first my BIOS version, if there is an update who can solve my problem?

thanks

Windows XP can't initialize a drive as GPT, hence, Windows XP can't use a 3TB drive --unless-- your version of Xp is the virtually unsupported 64-bit edition of Windows XP. End of the story, upgrade your computer or downgrade your drive.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD