Regular Visitor
JonnyWisco

2TB Drive is now not responsive

I've had my 2TB WD external hard drive for about 6 months now with no problems whatsoever, until now.  I had to take my laptop apart to fix the keyboard, which entailed me taking out the disk drive.   So I got everything back together, it seems the disk drive is resetting or whatever, but my WD drive is lagging like crazy.  It shows up but it is really slow.  I figured it had to recognize all the files on there or something, there is quite a bit on there.  So I left it sitting on all night thinking it would recognize everything by then, but no! I can get on to the first file page and start up a video I have on there, but when I try to open subfolders some make it unresponsive.  One subfolder that I checked worked but when I try to open yet another subfolder it becomes unresponsive same as the others.  I'm thinking this has to be something with my laptop, but I have no idea how to fix it.  So if you know please help! 

Oh, and sometimes it restarts itself.  I also tried doing the check disk thing but it takes a really long time to even get started, everything is just so slow now.

Honored Contributor
Vadir

Re: 2TB Drive is now not responsive

Your drive may be failing, to confirm this you can run an Extended Test: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyODk2MzUxMS9zaWQvcU5SS3dxUWs%...

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click 'Accept as Solution' under options, for the post that solved your issue.
Esteemed Contributor
Awopero

Re: 2TB Drive is now not responsive

Mate, repeat after me  R E P L A C E  I T!!!!

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD